Friday, February 6, 2009

safe and sound and splendid

Here! Safe! Enchanted, one may say!

Sorry for the last long post; it's funny if you're willing to charge through it.

In the meantime, I'm here in Mada and loving it; I meet my host family based in Tana today. Based off of my interests (ie family) i was placed with a family with, you guessed it, four children, tzo boys and two girls. We will spend the weekend in Tana with our families avoiding the protests before departing early next week for Mahajanga, on the northeast coast, where I'll have another host family. The trip is eleven hours by Tata (our loving name for our van-bus), so we're stopping to camp in a nature reserve along the way known for its baobobs and chameleons and..... lemurs. I have only seen absurd spiders up until this point, and cockroaches, so the idea of more appealing fauna is a good one.

My french has improved leaps and bounds, as has my malagast which went from none to some. This may sound funny, but it's enough to make the locals love me, and I'm thowing myself into it to continue to improve.

Times up on my internet card- it takes longer to type english on a french keyboard- so more later.

Veloma!

1 comment:

  1. Has the eldest brother, by chance, ever been partial to Super-Scope-6 games?

    ReplyDelete